Leon graduated with a degree in Political Science from the University of Michigan in 1974. He obtained his law degree from The Shepherd Broad School of Law at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
After graduating and passing the Florida Bar Exam he was hired as an Assistant Public Defender. In his four years in the Miami office, he handled thousands of major felony cases and tried over 140 jury trials, establishing an excellent record and a reputation as a fierce, well prepared and dedicated courtroom advocate. In 1983 Leon returned home to Michigan and has continued his tradition of tireless representation of his clients.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Civil Rights
- Commercial Litigation
Memberships / Admissions
- Licensed in Michigan and Florida
- Admitted to U. S. District Court-Eastern District of Michigan
- Admitted to U. S. District Court-Southern District of Florida
- Member of the Michigan Association for Justice
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Multiple-Year Member of Michigan Bar Pro Bono Hall of Fame
- Handled cases in Michigan, Florida, New York, Kentucky, California and Other
- Member Michigan Bar Criminal Law Section