Northville MI's Reliable Criminal Lawyer
Get Reliable Support From A Trusted Criminal Lawyer - Aldrich Legal Services
Whether for the most minor misdemeanor or a full-fledged felony, never underestimate how serious a criminal accusation is. Criminal charges may make you spend months or even years in the legal process. Even if you are found innocent, the cost, lost time, and damage to your reputation can make it hard to recover. Aldrich Legal Services is committed to providing Michiganders with the legal support they need in criminal cases. With more than 19 years of experience in the Northville area, we have the expertise to ensure that any defendant has a fair trial.
Regardless of whether you've committed the crime, the prosecutor would not have put you on trial if they didn't think they had strong evidence against you. Aldrich Legal Services specializes in putting every piece of evidence under scrutiny. No matter how strong the case appears to be, it may have a gaping hole based on:
- Faulty Equipment- Breathalyzers, DNA tests, and other technology used to assess the scene of a crime are not as reliable as many people think. The Aldrich criminal defense team knows the many weaknesses of these methods and how to tell if a test is flawed.
- Unreliable Witnesses- If there are witnesses who will testify against you, we know how to tell if their word is accurate. Whether through false memories, confusion, or a willful desire to deceive, witnesses do not always give reliable accounts. We make sure weak testimony is exposed for what it is.
- Improper Evidence- Prosecutors sometimes bring up details about the defendants' personal lives that are not relevant to the crime, but may superficially make them seem guilty. We make sure that any such evidence is recognized as improper and kept out of the courtroom.
Many people believe that because the punishments for misdemeanors are less severe than for a felony conviction, they can simply plead guilty and move on. Even if you avoid jail and steep fines, a misdemeanor arrest and conviction can stay on your record for years, making it harder to find work and housing.
Why Choose Us As Your Criminal Lawyer?
There is more to criminal justice than making sure that the right people are punished. It is just as important to ensure the punishments that are applied are proportionate to the crime committed. Aldrich Legal Services strives to secure fair sentences for everyone who is convicted. We fight for just outcomes on every front, including:
- Prison- The Aldrich team does everything in its power to keep you out of prison. If some jail time is unavoidable, we keep it as brief as possible and see to it that you are treated well while incarcerated.
- Ability to Work- Criminal convictions can result in your losing professional privileges, the right to drive, or any number of other factors that affect your ability to work. Working is difficult enough with a criminal record; with these added burdens, you could easily be headed to financial ruin. We make sure that the sentencing does not prevent you from holding a job.
- Family Life- Whether directly or indirectly, criminal sentences may prevent you from spending time with your family. The emotional devastation is one of the greatest burdens that you can bear in this situation. Aldrich Legal Services keeps you from losing the right to see your family.
In addition to obtaining just sentences if you are convicted, we also make sure that you are treated well during criminal proceedings. Police and public officials have a responsibility to take proper care of people in their custody. If they neglect or mistreat you, we will make sure that they are held accountable.
At the Plymouth and Ann Arbor law firm of Aldrich Legal Services, we help defend clients from criminal charges throughout southeast Michigan.
Reviews About Our Criminal Lawyer Services:
"The legal services provided by Brad Aldrich and Stephanie Simonovski and the team at Aldrich Legal Services were friendly, straight-forward, efficient, timely, pro-active and respectful. My prior experiences with other legal teams have typically lacked in one or more of these above described areas. Brad's team gave me the feeling that they were working especially (and possibly only) for me as requested information was promptly obtained, desired advice was easy to understand and given with possible options, and desired results were delivered without excessive cost. Most important to me, was their ability to communicate (returning calls/emails) and keep in-touch. I never felt "out of step" with this legal team. I fully recommend Brad, Stephanie, and the legal team at Aldrich Legal Services."
"We had a relatively complex real estate transaction to complete, and we couldn't have had a better experience than we did with Aldrich Legal Services. Angela was very easy to communicate with, available any time we had questions, and stayed very much on top of the entire process. I highly recommend their services!"
"First of all, I would like to mention that I work in a field where I deal with a lot of lawsuits, so I am prefacing my review so that the statements carry the correct weight based on my experiences with our legal system. Brad and his team met with me to review the strategy for handling my case. They were sensitive to the emotional impact of the suit and professionally discussed options. They prepared our defense and counter suit. The case went before the judge, and based on the preparation and the well argued motion for dismissal, the Judge agreed and dismissed the suit against us! Those of you familiar with our court system will realize this is a difficult and rare occurrence. It gets even better.. The Judge asked for a hearing to determine if the suit brought against us by the plaintiff was frivolous and if so would consider possible sanctions against them. After a "cooling off period" we again went before the Judge and our case was so well presented that the Judge himself said, he had never issued sanctions like this in the thousands of cases he had presided over, he then hit the plaintiffs with the largest amount he has ever levied on a case. So to summarize, case dismissed, sanctions awarded. I can't imagine a more succinct victory and incredible relief all due to the highly skilled team at Aldrich legal. This may end up sounding like a commercial for the firm, but after two years of litigation it was truly a blessing with the way they handled the case. Thank you Brad and Ben."