Reliable Divorce Attorney Serving Oakland County MI
At Aldrich Legal Services we cover the full range of family law. From amicable arbitration to bitter court battles, family legal disputes take many forms. The emotional and financial stakes of a family case are as varied as the families themselves, which is why every divorce attorney must be skilled in a range of different legal areas. Aldrich Legal Services offers just such a skill set. As a family law firm in Plymouth, Michigan, we specialize in every aspect of family law, allowing us to deal with:
While few think of their marriages as business arrangements, married couples often acquire significant assets while they are together. Making sure these assets are divided fairly is key not only to resolving the dispute, but also to ensuring that both parties are secure financially after their marriage ends. The Aldrich team has extensive experience dividing property. No matter how valuable the marital assets are, we make sure they are distributed appropriately, taking into account:
- Individual Requirements- Based on each party's age, health, ability to work, and other factors, we assess which assets they must have to meet all of their needs.
- Individual Contributions- We determine how much money and work each party provided and how they contributed to the value of each asset.
- Source of Debts- If the couple has any shared debts, we determine who should have to pay them based on how they were accrued. A mortgage on the family home, for example, should be a shared debt, while gambling debt should be the responsibility of the one who did the gambling.
- Marital Factors- We consider how long the marriage has existed, why it is ending, and other factors that may affect property claims.
When dividing up property, we don't limit ourselves to financial considerations. We realize that houses and other forms of property can have sentimental significance, and take that significance into account in reaching a solution that everyone can accept.
Child Custody & Support
If you and your partner have children, how they will be cared for is by far the most important question of the divorce. As a divorce lawyer devoted to keeping everyone happy, we learn as much as we can about your child's unique needs. We then establish custody rights and support based on:
- Parenting Time- The more time you have put into raising and caring for your child, the more important it is for both of you that you be able to see each other. We will establish your contribution to child care and make sure it is rewarded with the custody rights you deserve.
- Paternity- Establishing paternity is crucial in a custody dispute, especially if you and your partner were not married. We can oversee DNA tests and other methods to make it clear that the child is yours.
- Income- You and your partner's income help determine who has to make child support payments.
Additionally, if you feel you are paying too much or not receiving enough, our lawyers have successfully helped many couples receive child support modifications. We can use our experience and knowledge of family law to help you determine if this is the right choice for you.
Domestic Violence & Abuse
If you or your child is a victim of domestic abuse, Aldrich Legal Services is committed to acting quickly and decisively. We use personal protection orders and other methods to keep you and your children safe, and gather all the evidence we can to establish that there is a serious risk. We can then use your former partner's history of domestic abuse to deny them custody and otherwise affect the terms of divorce.
Reviews About Our Divorce Attorney Services:
"My experience with Aldrich legal services was beyond my expectation, I was in a difficult situation with the law and the lawyer that represented my case looked at every angle, I was thrilled to see the outcome of this case and I greatly appreciate the work Aldrich legal services has done for me. I highly recommend anyone to have Aldrich legal service represent them."
"About 6 months ago, we needed to update my mother's living revocable trust, so being from out of town, I did a search for Plymouth lawyers. So glad we found Minsun "Sunny" Lee at Aldrich Legal Services. She made the whole process easy and painless, with a very nice personality throughout. I appreciated her patience with my senior mom. A pleasure to work with, and highly recommended!
Recently, I had some questions about a real estate dispute - so again I called their office, not sure how to proceed. Brad Aldrich was at lunch, but returned my call within 2 hours, answered all my questions, and gave me good direction forward. I would not hesitate to hire him as my attorney should I need legal representation.
Thanks to a great staff!"
"At the time that I sought out Aldrich Legal Services I had been through several life-altering events that left me unsure if I could handle another disappointment. I felt that I needed someone to fight for me. I needed a knowledgeable, professional lawyer to handle my case. Benjamin Henry was assigned to my case. At every turn he made himself available to me, answered all of my questions, explained the law as it pertained to my case and set me at ease. He fought hard for me and won my case at a time when I needed it most. I feel vindicated and relieved and I have Ben Henry and the Aldrich Legal Services team to thank. I sincerely recommend them to anyone who is in need of a knowledgeable, hard-working legal team."