Reliable Divorce Attorney Near Westland MI
At Aldrich Legal Services we cover the full range of family law. From amicable arbitration to bitter court battles, family legal disputes take many forms. The emotional and financial stakes of a family case are as varied as the families themselves, which is why every divorce attorney must be skilled in a range of different legal areas. Aldrich Legal Services offers just such a skill set. As a family law firm in Plymouth, Michigan, we specialize in every aspect of family law, allowing us to deal with:
While few think of their marriages as business arrangements, married couples often acquire significant assets while they are together. Making sure these assets are divided fairly is key not only to resolving the dispute, but also to ensuring that both parties are secure financially after their marriage ends. The Aldrich team has extensive experience dividing property. No matter how valuable the marital assets are, we make sure they are distributed appropriately, taking into account:
- Individual Requirements- Based on each party's age, health, ability to work, and other factors, we assess which assets they must have to meet all of their needs.
- Individual Contributions- We determine how much money and work each party provided and how they contributed to the value of each asset.
- Source of Debts- If the couple has any shared debts, we determine who should have to pay them based on how they were accrued. A mortgage on the family home, for example, should be a shared debt, while gambling debt should be the responsibility of the one who did the gambling.
- Marital Factors- We consider how long the marriage has existed, why it is ending, and other factors that may affect property claims.
Our founding lawyer Brad Aldrich has more than 19 years of experience and, together with our legal team, we will guide you through the property division process, negotiating and fighting for the best possible outcome with your divorce decree or separation agreement.
Child Custody & Support
If you and your partner have children, how they will be cared for is by far the most important question of the divorce. As a divorce lawyer devoted to keeping everyone happy, we learn as much as we can about your child's unique needs. We then establish custody rights and support based on:
- Parenting Time- The more time you have put into raising and caring for your child, the more important it is for both of you that you be able to see each other. We will establish your contribution to child care and make sure it is rewarded with the custody rights you deserve.
- Paternity- Establishing paternity is crucial in a custody dispute, especially if you and your partner were not married. We can oversee DNA tests and other methods to make it clear that the child is yours.
- Income- You and your partner's income help determine who has to make child support payments.
In Michigan, like in most states, child support determinations are determined according to a formula that takes into account each parent's income, along with factors such as parenting time, and health care, daycare and education expenses. We can help you determine a fair amount and represent you in court or in settlement negotiations.
Domestic Violence & Abuse
If you or your child is a victim of domestic abuse, Aldrich Legal Services is committed to acting quickly and decisively. We use personal protection orders and other methods to keep you and your children safe, and gather all the evidence we can to establish that there is a serious risk. We can then use your former partner's history of domestic abuse to deny them custody and otherwise affect the terms of divorce.
Testimonials About Our Divorce Attorney Services:
"I recently hired Sam Bernstein to represent me in a misdemeanor case. He responded to all of my correspondences very quickly, answered all of my questions and was extremely professional. In the end he got my case dismissed. I highly recommend Sam Bernstein."
"We had a relatively complex real estate transaction to complete, and we couldn't have had a better experience than we did with Aldrich Legal Services. Angela was very easy to communicate with, available any time we had questions, and stayed very much on top of the entire process. I highly recommend their services!"
"First of all, I would like to mention that I work in a field where I deal with a lot of lawsuits, so I am prefacing my review so that the statements carry the correct weight based on my experiences with our legal system. Brad and his team met with me to review the strategy for handling my case. They were sensitive to the emotional impact of the suit and professionally discussed options. They prepared our defense and counter suit. The case went before the judge, and based on the preparation and the well argued motion for dismissal, the Judge agreed and dismissed the suit against us! Those of you familiar with our court system will realize this is a difficult and rare occurrence. It gets even better.. The Judge asked for a hearing to determine if the suit brought against us by the plaintiff was frivolous and if so would consider possible sanctions against them. After a "cooling off period" we again went before the Judge and our case was so well presented that the Judge himself said, he had never issued sanctions like this in the thousands of cases he had presided over, he then hit the plaintiffs with the largest amount he has ever levied on a case. So to summarize, case dismissed, sanctions awarded. I can't imagine a more succinct victory and incredible relief all due to the highly skilled team at Aldrich legal. This may end up sounding like a commercial for the firm, but after two years of litigation it was truly a blessing with the way they handled the case. Thank you Brad and Ben."