Wayne County MI 's Trusted Choice For Family Law Firm Help
At Aldrich Legal Services we cover the full range of family law. From amicable arbitration to bitter court battles, family legal disputes take many forms. The emotional and financial stakes of a family case are as varied as the families themselves, which is why every divorce attorney must be skilled in a range of different legal areas. Aldrich Legal Services offers just such a skill set. As a family law firm in Plymouth, Michigan, we specialize in every aspect of family law, allowing us to deal with:
While few think of their marriages as business arrangements, married couples often acquire significant assets while they are together. Making sure these assets are divided fairly is key not only to resolving the dispute, but also to ensuring that both parties are secure financially after their marriage ends. The Aldrich team has extensive experience dividing property. No matter how valuable the marital assets are, we make sure they are distributed appropriately, taking into account:
- Individual Requirements- Based on each party's age, health, ability to work, and other factors, we assess which assets they must have to meet all of their needs.
- Individual Contributions- We determine how much money and work each party provided and how they contributed to the value of each asset.
- Source of Debts- If the couple has any shared debts, we determine who should have to pay them based on how they were accrued. A mortgage on the family home, for example, should be a shared debt, while gambling debt should be the responsibility of the one who did the gambling.
- Marital Factors- We consider how long the marriage has existed, why it is ending, and other factors that may affect property claims.
Our founding lawyer Brad Aldrich has more than 19 years of experience and, together with our legal team, we will guide you through the property division process, negotiating and fighting for the best possible outcome with your divorce decree or separation agreement.
Child Custody & Support
If you and your partner have children, how they will be cared for is by far the most important question of the divorce. As a divorce lawyer devoted to keeping everyone happy, we learn as much as we can about your child's unique needs. We then establish custody rights and support based on:
- Parenting Time- The more time you have put into raising and caring for your child, the more important it is for both of you that you be able to see each other. We will establish your contribution to child care and make sure it is rewarded with the custody rights you deserve.
- Paternity- Establishing paternity is crucial in a custody dispute, especially if you and your partner were not married. We can oversee DNA tests and other methods to make it clear that the child is yours.
- Income- You and your partner's income help determine who has to make child support payments.
Additionally, if you feel you are paying too much or not receiving enough, our lawyers have successfully helped many couples receive child support modifications. We can use our experience and knowledge of family law to help you determine if this is the right choice for you.
Domestic Violence & Abuse
If you or your child is a victim of domestic abuse, Aldrich Legal Services is committed to acting quickly and decisively. We use personal protection orders and other methods to keep you and your children safe, and gather all the evidence we can to establish that there is a serious risk. We can then use your former partner's history of domestic abuse to deny them custody and otherwise affect the terms of divorce.
Testimonials About Our Family Law Firm Services:
"I have used Brad for both business set up and personal issues. You definitely want him by your side in a courtroom! He is knowledgeable, professional, creative and diligent."
"We used Aldrich Legal Services because they were recommended on Avvo and other sites for estate planning, something about which I knew absolutely nothing. Initial consultation was free and they have offices that were logistically convenient.
Mrs. Minsun Sunny Lee handled our needs; she was extremely accessible, professional, courteous, thorough, and most of all--patient...took time to answer any and all questions and explain everything as many times as we needed to hear it. The work was completed within the time frame given, for the agreed upon cost. Let's be honest; Lawyers/legal services aren't cheap, but you can't overstate the importance of trust and peace of mind...reassuring to have found a law firm we feel comfortable using for any possible future legal needs. Thank you Aldrich Law Services."
"Aldrich Legal Services provided excellent service and guidance for my legal needs. I highly recommend them."