Now Accepting New Clients!
Divorce/Family Law/Probate Case Stories

Divorce/Family Law/Probate Case Stories - Aldrich Legal Services - icon-arrows The Bottom Line: We Get Results

Divorce/Family Law/Probate Case Stories - Aldrich Legal Services - about2

Read some examples of our divorce, family law, and probate case wins below to see how we've helped some of our past clients get their lives back on track.

Motion for Change of Custody

A client came to us needing to file a Motion for Change of Custody. The mother had primary custody since 2014. Due to a recent incident involving Child Protective Services the minor child was taken from the mother and placed temporarily with our client. We needed to file a Motion to have our client given primary custody. After a lengthy court battle the Court agreed with us that it was in the best interest of the minor child to be with the father who was granted primary physical and legal custody.

Motion to Reinstate Divorce case for entry of Judgment

A client came to us after her previous attorney had allowed her pending divorce case to get dismissed. We were able to file a Motion to reinstate the case and then place the Judgment, which had been worked out between the parties, on the record so this client could get her divorced finalized.

Probate Court required for out of state property

Client thought that all assets in his father’s estate were able to be passed to the children without the need for probate court. It was recently discovered that the client’s father owned a property in Arizona that was not disclosed in the Will. We had to file a probate action to get our client appointed as the Personal Representative and then get Court approval to transfer title to that property over to our client as the beneficiary of his father’s estate.

Client needed a guardianship over his elderly sister

A client came to us because his elderly sister is suffering from dementia and is having trouble managing her own financial and medical needs. We were successful in filing a Petition for Guardianship and Conservatorship which appointed our client to make financial and medical decisions for his sister. Our client was able to move his sister into an assisted living facility, sell her home and use the proceeds to make sure that she was properly cared for. Not only was our client happy but his sister was actually much happier being in the assisted living facility.

Motion successfully filed for enforcement of Judgment of Divorce regarding payment of 50% equity in marital home

We were hired to deal with a post-divorce issue for a client regarding her not getting paid 50% of the equity from a marital home pursuant to the Judgment of Divorce. Our client had been overly patient with her ex-husband and allowed the property to remain unsold with her ex-husband living in the property. We successfully filed a Motion to have the Court order payment of the 50% of the equity from the home to our client.

Violation of a Personal Protection Order (PPO)

We had a client that was facing an allegation of violating a Personal Protection Order that had been in place against her. We defended her and had an evidentiary hearing (trial) where we convinced the Court that our client had in fact not violated the terms of the PPO. This allowed us to proceed in the divorce without our client facing sanctions from the Circuit Court Judge that was assigned to both the PPO and divorce.

Motion to Show Cause for violating Judgment of Divorce

We have a client that we had previously done a divorce for that needed us to file a Motion to Show Cause against his ex-wife. His ex-wife was awarded 1 of the parties homes and she was supposed to refinance to remove his name within 6 months of entry of the Judgment of Divorce. After our client being overly patient for 12 months we filed a Motion and were able to get the Court to order the sale of the property in question. This way our client’s name was not tied to the property the moment it was sold.

Complaint to establish Paternity

We often see clients that have had a child with someone and were never married. We recently had a client with this situation and he was having difficulty getting the mother to allow parenting time so he could see his son. We filed a Complaint to Establish Paternity and then went on to set out the custody and parenting time regarding the minor child. The client was very happy and going forward the parties now have specific orders in place regarding the minor child which benefits not only them but the child.

Objections filed regarding child support recommendations

We had a client that received notice from the Friend of the Court regarding a recommendation to pay a specific amount of child support. Our client knew that the numbers were wrong because they had his income wrong. We filed an Objection to the referee’s recommendation and after a hearing were successful in getting a modification of the child support that our client was happy with.

Don't let a bad decision, unfair contract, or a messy divorce get in the way of a promising future!
Contact the experienced team at Aldrich Legal Services today to schedule your free initial
and secure reliable and trustworthy representation today!
Get the Help You Need From a Team You Can Truly Count On: (734) 404-3000