Now Accepting New Clients!
Minor in Possession

Michigan MIP Lawyer: Minor in Possession of Alcohol | Aldrich Legal - icon-arrows Defending Minors From Alcohol Possession Charges

Michigan MIP Lawyer: Minor in Possession of Alcohol | Aldrich Legal - mip1

In Michigan, it is illegal for a person under 21 years of age to possess or consume alcohol, except under limited circumstances.

If you have been arrested for a minor in possession (MIP) charge, it may be possible to get it off your record, depending on your age and prior record.

Aggressive Defense Attorneys Fighting For Your Rights

At the Plymouth, Michigan, law firm of Aldrich Legal Services, we defend clients charged with crimes, including MIP. The law provides an opportunity for certain offenders to have their records cleared of an MIP after the successful completion of a probationary period.

When a plea bargain to keep your record clean is not possible, there are several affirmative legal defenses to a minor in possession charge.

If you are facing a misdemeanor charge, you can turn to our Plymouth, Michigan-based law firm for skilled criminal defense representation. We may be able to help you resolve your charges before an expungement is even necessary.

Let Us Help You Clear Your Name And Protect Your Future

  • First, a minor may consume alcohol as part of a religious ceremony.
  • Second, it is a defense to an MIP charge if the minor consumed alcohol in a place where it is legal, such as if a person had consumed alcohol in Canada, where a person must be only 19 to drink, and then returned to America.
  • Third, the MIP law provides an exception to liability where a minor presented him or herself to a police officer or hospital in order to receive medical treatment.

That is why it is important to work with an experienced attorney like one from Aldrich Legal Services when you are pursuing an expungement. Our lawyers will take the time to walk you through the process and help you determine the best course of action. We can help you with all of the paperwork and represent you in court proceedings in an attempt to help you erase your criminal record.

In addition to these affirmative defenses, there are always the traditional legal defenses to consider when fighting an MIP charge. For example, can the prosecutor prove that the minor actually possessed or consumed alcohol? Did the police have a right to search the minor or stop the minor's vehicle?

Call Now So We Can Get Started On Your Defense

At Aldrich Legal Services, we have successfully represented hundreds of clients charged with minor in possession. If you or a child has been charged with minor in possession, contact us to schedule a free initial consultation with a lawyer.

Don't let a bad decision, unfair contract, or a messy divorce get in the way of a promising future!
Contact the experienced team at Aldrich Legal Services today to schedule your free initial
and secure reliable and trustworthy representation today!
Get the Help You Need From a Team You Can Truly Count On: (734) 404-3000