Now Accepting New Clients!

Could I lose my job over a drunk driving arrest?

Originally posted on 01/20/2017

A picture is faded of a driver in the car behind the wheel with a bottle of beer in their hand.When potential clients ask us questions about criminal defense representation (particularly for drunk driving offenses) one of the most common is whether they will lose their job.  Naturally, this depends on a number of factors, including how much work you have missed because you were in jail and whether you drive for a living, to name a few.

So while your job prospects may be unclear after a DUI arrest, you should be ready for the following implications.

Your Insurance May Affected

Just like when you have other moving violations that may not necessarily be classified as a misdemeanor, your insurance company may raise your rates significantly. Expect an increase in your rates - this increase may come immediately, but more likely will take effect with your next renewal. If your policy is terminated, you will likely have to obtain SR-22 insurance, which may be particularly expensive.

You May Miss Some Time from Work

Waiting to post bail is a process, and the authorities are in no hurry to get you on your way. This is because the police will likely run your name through several state criminal databases to ensure you are not subject to any outstanding criminal warrants.

Your Career Could be Affected

If you drive for a living, a DUI conviction could have a substantial effect on your career; particularly if your employer has a strict policy against drunk driving offenses. So if you are a commercial truck driver or bus driver, it is essential that you have an experienced criminal defense attorney representing you to protect your livelihood.

Partner with an Experienced Drunk Driving Defense Attorney on Your Case

We have all made mistakes. Know there are severe consequences for drinking and driving. The preceding is not intended to be legal advice. Contact an experienced DUI defense attorney, like those at Aldrich Legal Services, for additional information and advice. Give our team a call today.

What to Do When Homeowners Insurance Denies Your Claim

Since 1955, homeowners insurance has helped owners protect their property and belongings against damages and theft. According to the Insurance Information Institute, over 93% of homeowners in the US have homeowners insurance coverage, paying around...

What to Look for in a Criminal Defense Attorney

Originally posted on 10/20/2017 If you are charged with a crime, you could face severe penalties that could include financial fines, public service, or even jail time. For those in the Michigan area, hiring an attorney experienced in...

PROBATE 51: Trust filed a petition to determine title to credit union account.

The probate court explained that the owners of the account are S and J. When S passes, J becomes the owner of the account. J is the one who had the authority to make the designation. Nowhere in any documents is there a designation by J that SJ be the owner -- or the beneficiary of the account. The designation made by his father was no longer binding because he was no longer the owner at the time J passed away.

Invoking Your Right to Remain Silent

Originally posted on 07/19/2017 While the “right to remain silent” represents one of your most inalienable rights, many people have a few misconceptions about how it works. Many people receive their understanding of this...

Arrests made by tracking cell phones may be illegal

Originally posted on 02/10/2017 Law enforcement agencies are always looking for an edge in fighting crime. As cell phones have become an indispensable part of life for many people, authorities have taken to using these devices to track...

FAMILY LAW 77: Court awarded plaintiff sole legal custody; defendant was unwilling to work with plaintiff.

For joint custody to work, parents must be able to agree with each other on basic issues in child rearing including health care, religion, education, day to day decision making and discipline and they must be willing to cooperate with each other in joint decision making. If two equally capable parents are unable to cooperate and to agree generally concerning important decisions affecting the welfare of their children, the court has no alternative but to determine which parent shall have sole custody of the children.

CRIMINAL 19: Sentencing guidelines are advisory.

The sentencing guidelines are advisory, and although a trial court must determine the applicable guidelines range and take it into account when imposing a sentence, the court is not required to sentence a defendant within that range.

Basic responsibilities of an executor

Originally posted on 01/11/2017 The emotional toils of dealing with the death of a loved one can be considerably difficult. Nevertheless, perseverance is paramount; especially if you are appointed to be an executor to one’s...

What you need to compliment your will

Originally posted on 02/08/2017 Making end-of-life plans usually end with a will, but they shouldn't. Some believe that simply having a will is enough. However, this post will briefly explain how having other estate planning...

Don't let a bad decision, unfair contract, or a messy divorce get in the way of a promising future!
Contact the experienced team at Aldrich Legal Services today to schedule your free initial
and secure reliable and trustworthy representation today!
Get the Help You Need From a Team You Can Truly Count On: (734) 404-3000