Now Accepting New Clients!

DIVORCE: Receiver appointed because defendant refused to pay child support.

When plaintiff and defendant divorced in 2014, they had two young children. Plaintiff was awarded sole legal and physical custody and defendant was ordered to pay monthly child support of $1,806.00.

On September 19, 2014, plaintiff filed a motion to appoint a receiver noting that defendant had defied the court’s authority and was found in contempt, that defendant had refused to pay child support and other money owing to plaintiff, and that defendant had refused to offer any payment or plan for payment relative to his obligations. Plaintiff asked that the receiver be appointed by the court to intercept defendant’s income to address his Court orders for payment and that the receiver be paid from Defendant’s funds which come under the control of the Receiver.

The trial court granted plaintiff’s motion on November 21, 2014. It ordered that the receiver would be permitted to use discovery to obtain information about defendant’s income, including income from practicing medicine and managing or renting real estate properties.

The receiver was empowered to collect rents on relevant properties and all income related to defendant’s medical practice, and to pursue collections to satisfy the judgment of divorce and child support debts in both Michigan and Illinois. He was required to submit periodic written reports to plaintiff’s counsel as well as a final report.

At Aldrich Legal Services, our attorneys and staff understand the stress that can come with family law disputes.  We assist parents with enforcing child support orders.

Contact Aldrich Legal Services

FAMILY LAW 50: A Michigan Court has jurisdiction to make an initial custody determination when it is the home state of the child on the date of the commencement of the proceeding or within 6 months before the commencement of the proceeding.

PROCEDURAL HISTORY  Plaintiff and defendant have twin sons, but never married.  On August 13, 2008, the Court of Common Pleas Juvenile Division in Montgomery County, Ohio established plaintiff as the legal father of the children and...

When You Should Contest a Will?

Wills usually go through without a problem. Well over 90% of wills have no issue making it through probate. However, there are several grounds you may have to contest a will. As a beneficiary, or someone who would gain from a will, there are legal...

What You Need to Know About Distracted Driving

A great U.S. freedom is the ability to drive the open roads. However, every year there are more than 20,000 car accidents in Michigan. Many of these accidents come from distracted driving and could have been avoided. Distracted driving is such a...

Reasons Your Will or Trust Could be Contested

Everyone reacts in their own way when a family member passes away. Emotions can run high, and people can react more strongly than they normally would. Some family members may feel cheated by what a will or trust grants them leading them to contest...

Penalties For Driving Without Insurance in Michigan

Getting into a car and going for a drive isn’t perfectly safe. Driving on the Michigan roads can be dangerous. Driving those same roads becomes financially dangerous if you drive without car insurance. Between fees, charges, and possible...

PROBATE 36: Undue influence to execute Lady Bird deed.

This probate dispute between siblings arises out of the death of their father. Their father lived alone. In 2013, however, he asked appellee to live with him. She agreed, moving into the home in August 2013. Appellants allege that in the years...

Top 5 Most Common Traffic Violations in Michigan

Staying safe on the roads is in everyone’s best interest. However, keeping yourself or others out of danger is everyone’s responsibility. Getting a traffic ticket ends up costing drivers big time. Traffic tickets and citations cost money...

Don't let a bad decision, unfair contract, or a messy divorce get in the way of a promising future!
Contact the experienced team at Aldrich Legal Services today to schedule your free initial
and secure reliable and trustworthy representation today!
Get the Help You Need From a Team You Can Truly Count On: (734) 404-3000